Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, November 28, 2011

Reflections on Thanksgiving & a Visualization Exercise/Tool

Well another Thanksgiving has come and gone and I always enjoy the meal, the company of family, playing games, and all that the holiday entails.  The "vibes" on this holiday are always great - we take time to consciously focus on the things we are thankful for while taking a day to simply enjoy good times, good food, good wine, whatever... :)

The best way to approach "thanksgiving" however is every day - not on some appointed 4th Thursday in November.  That doesn't mean we should overindulge, stuff ourselves silly etc... but more that we should stop and pause everyday and offer thanks to the universe for the blessings we have. 

Everyone, even those facing dark times or difficult challenges, can find something to be thankful for.  Even if it takes every ounce of strength you have to muster up that sense of thanksgiving - the simple "attitude of gratitude" is one of the fastest ways to raise your vibration.  Higher vibrational energies on a consistent basis lead to more joy, opportunity, and peace of mind overall. 

A little mindtrick to help you with mindfulness :)

When I focus on something I truly love, that truly makes me feel blessed and abundant, in my minds eye I draw a heart around that object and say "I heart you"... and as I did it the first few times I really focused on how deeply I loved the person/place/experience/ etc. I really let it sink in to every fiber of my heart and soul to the point I could feel my vibration raise. 

Now when I see something I love - a beautiful scene on my long drive (the long drive I don't enjoy every day lol) I draw a heart around it in my minds eye and that feeling starts to come back - and once it starts you can really pull yourself almost instantly into a "higher" frame of mind. 

Try it - draw a heart around your loved one, your child, your pet and focus on how intensely you love them, the last thing they did that gave you joy, made you smile etc.  really spend some time and feel it as powerfully as you can - and then start to draw your hearts around everything that makes you feel good - in time you'll see just how amazing this little exercise can be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment